Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Monday: The Good...

Yesterday was a day of highs and lows, as most days are. I'll focus on my triumphs today, and my abject failures tomorrow.

I went clothing shopping for HeyMama today. We are graced with wonderful friends who shower us with hand-me-downs, and the girls have a very cute wardrobe. But because our biggest donor lives in Texas, we don't get a lot of snow pants and snow boots. And due to the timing and growth curves of HeyMama and her slightly-older benefactor, a gap had opened up in our clothing supply. So I had a shopping list that I was hoping to knock off yesterday.

So, one trip to a consignment shop, one trip to a Stride-Rite outlet, and $110 later, we had 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of slippers, 1 Halloween costume, and 10 shirts, sweaters, and dresses.

The girls were in a good mood and well-behaved, we found some really adorable stuff, and I almost got everything on my list. We still need church shoes...

Now, I'm sure that diligent yard-sale shopping could have lowered that price. But the shoes were all new, the clothes were all in great shape, and my time expenditure was significantly less.

So I'm going to call that part of my day a significant success.

I have to count the successes wherever I can find them!


Here's the loot, minus the Halloween costume.
Please ignore the box of outgrown clothes that need to go to the basement.


Here are some of the dresses, with a turtleneck to match an existing dress, and a cute sweater.

Here's a cute sweater, with a denim skirt. Both in pristine condition.

Here's HeyMama's favorite - Princess Jammies. She carried them around the store.

Here's my favorite, sweet play shoes from Stride Rite.
They match my favorite work clogs.


Despite being shiny, they're built for running and jumping.

HeyMama had to break them in at the playground right away.

Here are the shoes that totaled $43. Not bad.
The hiking boots ($5) light up, and the Robeez ($7) make perfect winter house shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment