Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Art vs. Industry

Here's a conversation heard in our household this afternoon:

MeToo:  "BUT I WANT A DOLLAR!"
Me:  "Then you can go fold your laundry."
MeToo:  "BUT I WANT TO COLOR!"
Me:  "That's fine, but then HeyMama will fold the laundry and she will get a dollar."
MeToo:  "BUT I DON'T WANT HEYMAMA TO GET MY DOLLAR!"
Me:  "Then you go fold the laundry."
MeToo:  "BUT I WANT TO COLOR!"
Me:  "Ok, it's your choice."
(intermittent whining while coloring continued)

Very few artists get rich. It's a hard lesson to learn at any age. 

HeyMama's saving up for some penguin slippers. She's become a laundry-folding machine. I'm confident she'll have them before the winter's over.

And yes, I stoop to child labor. Especially when laundry's involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment