Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An Explanation

So, I know I haven't been very good lately about posting. Ok, so my posts have been pretty sparse for the last few months. I'm sorry about that. If you're a loyal reader of this blog (and I know there aren't a lot of you, so I'm even more appreciative of your loyalty), you might have been wondering what's so important that I don't have time to write.

Well, I've been a bit low on energy, and high on nausea. I've been spending my spare time sleeping. Or craving odd foods. Or just lying on the couch, feeling cruddy and trying not to complain.  I've been quite busy.

Pickles and ice cream! Yum!

Growing a new little person can be an all-consuming task, especially for the first trimester. It certainly has been taking up quite a bit of my life, lately.

But there's hope. Despite the fact that I spend most of yesterday evening horizontal, I cooked a real dinner for the first time in weeks. (Maple-glazed salmon and mustard potatoes.) Despite sleeping late this morning, I woke up thinking of things that needed to be done around the house, and those things did NOT involve sleeping while the girls watched Sesame Street. So I think I'm turning the corner. I'm starting to consider and attempt the things I did BEFORE I turned into a blob who lived on the couch and fed her family sandwiches and pre-prepared food every night. I think I might be getting back to normal. Whatever "normal" is for me...

So I have high hopes that the blogging will pick up again in the near future. At least until mid-August, when the new little one is supposed to arrive, and life will implode for a while...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Joy!!! So excited for you all. I'm sure the girls will be thrilled to have a new little sibling. :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and BH! I'm looking forward to reading all about HM and MT's excitement during the next 6+ months. I'm curious how your 2 little smart cookies will react and what kind of brilliant and hilarious things they'll share with us. Glad you're on the upswing and hope the rest of the gestation goes smoothly. :) (I'll pray for a temperate summer in Boston...having been through a scorcher this last year while PG, I don't wish that on anyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What food styling! And what wonderful news!!!:) So happy for you all, and for the rest of us too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartiest congratulations! - Polly

    ReplyDelete