Thursday, March 14, 2013

R.I.P. Sleeping Beauty

We all know the standard Sleeping Beauty fairy tale. Especially those of us with little girls. I've never understood why the poor character needed 3 names. It seems like Aurora would be fine. Briar Rose is perfectly sweet. And Sleeping Beauty is perhaps best as a nickname, but could stand alone if needed. How did the poor girl not have an identity crisis?

I love how the fairy tales all have happy endings in the books. But you have to wonder what happened much later...

Well, I discovered the true ending to Sleeping Beauty.

She was mauled to death by a dog. Torn limb from limb, actually. It's surprising to think that a sweet-looking Sheltie could do such a horrific thing. But that's what I discovered when I came home from work today, and I have the pictures to prove it.

Poor disemboweled Sleeping Beauty.


The killing field.


Caught in the act.
Innocent looking? Maybe.
Innocent? Not even close!

Rest in peace, Aurora, I mean... Briar Rose. I mean... Sleeping Beauty. Rest in peace, whoever you truly are.

PS. Cinderella, Mandy says you're next. Watch yourself...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! (Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, right?) Julia denies that Sleeping Beauty has any other name than "Sleeping Beauty"...so I guess denial is an option for dealing with the identity crisis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly laughed out loud, myself. Thankfully the girls weren't home yet. I had to scold Mandy, but then I had to take pictures of it all and try not to look too amused. If you notice, Cinderella is on the floor next to Mandy. MeToo would be heartbroken if Cinderella died.

      Delete
    2. No kidding! I've noticed that Cinderella has been a frequent companion at church lately.

      Delete