Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Purge

This post isn't about our recent stomach bug. No, this post is about our house. That kind of purging. 

I'm committing to a significant purge. I am accepting the challenge to get rid of 25% of the stuff in our house. I'm a prepper. I like to be prepared. Craft supplies? I got 'em. Extra mittens? I got em'. All of our baby stuff in case we're blessed with #4? I got it all!

But not for long. 

This will be a challenge for me. I pride myself in saving stuff and pulling it out at the perfect moment 2 years later. A flapper headband for a party? I have feathers and ribbon for that! I'd hate to throw something out and wish I had it 5 years later, only to spend money on it a second time. That would just be wasteful!

So this will be a serious change in mindset. Big time.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I like to think myself a minimalist, but I can't throw out things that might come in useful if they're not in the way. I like to have stuff the kids can use for crafts without it costing us money, and having bits and pieces I can use to fix things without it costing us money. Luckily we have plenty of storage space so it's easy. Now, if we were to move, none of that junk would get to go along with us, but if we're not moving? Might be useful...
    However, if I can't see it being useful it gives me great satisfaction to get rid of it. If we accidentally have a number 4 we'll have to do some major acquisitions... So I hope your purge brings you satisfaction. And shelf space. Because your children will fill it with their own precious objects as they grow...

    ReplyDelete