Sunday, August 5, 2012

Stewardship Sunday

I'm posting about Sunday ON Sunday this week. It's about the only thing that's not glaringly overdue in my house right now... It's bad when your 3 year old points out that the trash cans are overflowing, the floors are too dirty to walk barefoot, and you really need to do laundry. Thanks kid, thanks for that. I was hoping I was the only one in the house that had noticed. Nope.


Busy week. I think I always say that. But it's always true. This was a week of catchup from vacation. But I didn't really catch up... 


I did have my new business cards arrive in the mail. I did put together my very own skeleton website for my private practice. I did have my first culinary use of lavender this week in celebrating BestestHusband's birthday (lemon-lavender cake with lavender cream). We went to BestestHusband's company's summer picnic on Friday. And a Red Sox game Friday night. That's all exciting. And the girls and I did spend a very lovely morning at the beach this week. I realized that I need to prioritize fun activities at least one day/week to actually make them happen this summer. Right now, that day's Wednesday. We're hoping to make it to the lake this upcoming week. Keep your fingers crossed for the weather...


I don't want to jinx it, but we discovered a very interesting this about motivation, MeToo, and potty training. [WARNING:  parent about to talk about her child's pooping habits] MeToo does great with using the potty if we let her run around the house naked. That's another story for another day. But we had some poop issues. She'd either go in her diaper or on the floor. We tried bribing her with peanut M&Ms. They worked for HeyMama. MeToo said she wanted them. But they weren't enough to get her to poop on the potty. This week we tried gummy bears. Delicious imported German gummy bears. They're magic. She's all about pooping on the potty now that there are gummies involved. So I was starting to get cranky about her going in the plastic potty that sits on the floor, because the cleanup is so annoying, and she can pee just fine on the big potty. So I offered her TWO gummies to poop on the big potty instead. And she got up, went to the big potty, and pooped, basically on command. (!!!!!) Talk about motivation! The funny thing is, the two gummies she got were bigger than the poop she was able to get out. But she was determined to produce something. And she did get her gummies. Keep your fingers crossed that this keeps working. But we're going to run out of gummies soon. Keep your fingers crossed that my 2 year old hasn't become a gummy bear snob that needs imported German gummies... 


Food waste: I threw out about 4 cups of jicama salad. It was twice leftover and had travelled to church and back on a hot day. I have some fridge cleaning to do, so I think this will get worse soon...

Money: I shopped well, but still bought some expensive ingredients. Finding wild Alaskan sockeye salmon half-off is a great deal. But it's still the most expensive meat I'll buy. I bought for the church coffee hour, too. So my grocery bill was scary, but explainable.

Patience: We're not on vacation anymore. Back to reality. Gym time was scarce. Patience was adequate, considering this. 


M&Ms: I was too busy eating chocolate zucchini cake to think about M&Ms. 


Time: We crammed a lot into a week. Except housework. I did not find much time for that. But any week that involves as much family time as this week did is a week where we allocated our time well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment