Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stewardship Sunday

I'm sitting down. It feels good. I worked yesterday, so I've felt behind the eight ball all day. I probably will all week. But I'll try to remember to be thankful for everything. The fact that I have as many work hours as I want. The fact that I have a wonderful husband watching my two wonderful girls. The yummy fresh tomatoes pouring out of our garden right now. The salsa fresca that my wonderful husband made from those tomatoes. 

We did fun stuff this week. We ate dinners outside. We made yummy smoothies with spinach hidden inside. We did Mama/daughter mani/pedis. Well, I attempted to paint all of our nails. That's not quite the same, but we all feel fancy. We got an amazing box of clothes from a friend in Texas. It was Christmas in August. 

I'm still coffee-free. My head is still a bit fuzzy. I feel totally behind with everything I need to do right now. I'm trying to breathe steadily while I think about it all. Maybe I should just report in and go to bed. Ok. Let's do that.

Food waste:  We had to throw out a forgotten cucumber that got separated from the herd and shriveled. We have a crazy amount of tomatoes to use ASAP. Salsa fresca anyone?

Money:  Holy cow we just bought new camping gear. A big tent with all the accessories, as we've completely outgrown our old one. It's still cheaper than a normal vacation, but HOLY COW! And I got this upcoming year's snow pants on super sale. I've resigned myself to winters in the snow pretending that I love it. Did I mention HOLY COW?!? REI, you are a gift and a curse...


Patience: I was doing fine until I experimented with eating a handful of chocolate covered espresso beans on Friday afternoon. The Patience Angel abandoned me. I think she's currently engaged in hand-to-hand combat with a batch of my hormones, so I'll give her a pass for a few more days. But I really hope she comes back. 

Time:  So much to do, so little time. I cancelled the fun on Wednesday due to bad behavior, and feel like much of that day was a waste. I had the grumpies and couldn't recover from it. I'll have to try harder this week...

M&Ms: Not a problem. The ice cream in the freezer was a problem. Until I ate it. Now we're safe again. For now. 


Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment