Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

I'm heading to work this morning on 4 hours of sleep. With no coffee.

This is a first. This is where the rubber meets the road. I didn't take my first sip of green tea until I was at the bus stop. I would not even have attempted this with coffee. But I made it to the bus on time, and I think I even have everything I need with me.

We'll see if I cave later in the day. There's a Dunkin Donuts in the lobby of the hospital. If they give me 3 evaluations to do and I spend the afternoon at a desk trying to write all of the reports in one extended session, I might be in trouble.

Part of the problem is that I had the last of the chocolate-covered espresso beans yesterday afternoon. I was craving chocolate, and I wanted to see what the effects would be. Would I be cranky again? Well, I wasn't. But it sure did kick off a sugar-craving roller coaster that lasted through the evening. It also kicked off an extremely productive weekend. I had a lot of catching up to do. And I did it. Until 1am. So now I suffer. But with less stress. We'll see if I feel it's worth it around 3pm... Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment