Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stewardship Sunday. On Sunday This Time

It's Sunday again. Time to reflect on how I managed the many gifts I've been given.


This was another busy week. We made it to the gym, we tried out having a baby in the house for a few hours, we planned and prepped for the Easter Egg Hunt, had some fun playdates, welcomed Grandpa to town, then sent BestestHusband to Amsterdam for a week. Oh, and I spent a lot of time lying on the couch, resting my gimpy back and spastic shoulder. My house was disgusting, and I felt like I didn't get anything done. But my ToDo list tells me I did, and the Easter Egg Hunt today was more evidence for that.


The Easter Egg Hunt:  By the grace of God, the organizational skills of our daycare manager, the attention to detail of Anne, and the last-minute volunteering and attendance of a bunch of kids and families, it was a blast. And everyone's talking about next year. So I guess there's going to be an Easter Egg Hunt next year. As most of my energy this week went towards the EEH, that's what you'll see pictures of today. Thanks to Dan for using my camera to take lots of pics! Dan is dating Miss Ashley, our beloved toddler teacher, so he got roped into helping out while Miss Ashley was leading crafts.


Cupcakes. We had dozens of yummy cupcakes. Laura made these. Mmmmmm....


This was the food table BEFORE the ham and cheesy potatoes arrived!  Mmmmmm...


HeyMama's basket.


The jelly bean jar. Can you guess how many are inside? Wait, are there jelly beans in those eggs? Hmm, geometry can't help with this guess...


The Easter Bunny came!


Chocolate. Mmmmmmm...


Cute bunny mask craft.

Food Waste:  Nothing stands out this week. I didn’t cook much. We ate sandwiches, leftovers, and “5 buck cluck” (ie. Rotisserie chicken on sale at the grocery store) this week. I did not buy groceries with ambition. But in preparation for Grandpa, I did this weekend. So this week will be more of a challenge.

Patience:  I was cranky all week. But things weren’t too bad. BestestHusband did a lot of running interference for me.

M&Ms:  Joy (my friend Joy, not me talking about myself in the third person) brought over a baggie of peanut M&Ms. Which I finished off in a shockingly short period of time. Other chocolately/minty/peanut-buttery candies were also consumed this week. It was bad. It was really bad. I will be cranking up the intensity of my workouts tomorrow. Did you notice that the cupcakes had peanut M&Ms on them? Yeah, that didn't escape my attention. They really were good...


So the upcoming week will be a busy and emotional one. Holy Week is a strange time; there's much to mourn, but so much to do and the excitement of what is to come. I'm sure there's a good symbolism for the rest of life in there...


Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great EEH! (and to all your helpers!) If it was anything like the monster yard sale for benefit of the Ruth House, it was a job extremely-well-done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! We got a ton of help, and everyone just seemed to have a great time. And unlike the yard sale, I'm looking forward to helping with the EEH again!

      Delete
    2. It was an unqualified success as far as I could see. We had a great time! The girls are still recovering today.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Audrey!
      And thanks again for the jellybean jar. Genius.

      Delete