Monday, April 30, 2012

Trophy Wife Monday

I'm on the phone with our financial guy, upgrading my life insurance. We're getting ready for a picnic and an excursion to the best lilac collection in our country. We've got a fancy event scheduled for this evening. Yes, another fancy event requiring a babysitter. Yes, on a weeknight. We're living large today. I feel like a Trophy Wife again. 


This fancy event is an alumni event for BestestHusband's undergrad alma mater (Yes, the one I got wait-listed at because I was from the Houston area and they valued Minnesotans more than they valued Texans. Not that I'm still bitter about that or anything... And I'll just ignore the part about BestestHusband maybe being smarter than me and maybe deserving to get in more...) It's being held at the home of one of the sons of a local sports team owner. I've heard the home is very nice. There's appetizers and drinks and valet parking. And some kind of fancy other stuff. I'm not really sure, but I don't really care. I get to dress up and go to someone's fancy home and talk to other grownups without having my sentences interrupted every 30 seconds. That's all I need to know. I'm in. 


We're all still fighting a sore throat. So I'm trying to keep the overall demands of the day lower than usual. We watched the new Muppets movie twice this morning. Ok, so we only watched the end of it - the Muppets Show re-creation part. But it was a lot of screen time for my media-deprived girls. A special treat. I'll spread the Trophy Wife wealth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment