Saturday, March 10, 2012

Joy and Salad

My weekend is noteworthy for Joy and salad. 


I worked today. That's not noteworthy. I didn't cook dinner. That's not noteworthy, especially considering I worked. Joy cooked a yummy dinner. I just made the salad. Huh? Yeah, I have a friend named Joy. She's real, and we happen to share the same name. She has a 2 yr old that both of my girls love to play with, and a baby on the way. And she and her husband had us over for dinner. I made the salad. I ate a lot of good food. I drank a lot of wine. Yum yum yum.


I don't have to cook dinner tomorrow. Jackie's making dinner. I'm making the salad. And bringing the pizza stone (I got your message Jackie!) Jackie has a 3 yr old that my girls love to play with, and infant twins that my 2 yr old loves to look at. Somehow I managed to get 2 dinner invites in one weekend. That is noteworthy. That is wonderful.


I love spending wonderful evenings with friends. I love salad. And with a weekend full of Joy and salad, what's not to be thankful for?


Maybe I should enforce my previously-unenforced no-blogging-after-2-glasses-of-wine policy...

No comments:

Post a Comment