I was grateful to flee from it today, and happily skipped to the train station to go to work.
I showed a picture to a coworker, who groaned. "I have one of those at home too. I hate it."
I felt a little better. She doesn't have kids. I never had monsters like this before the kids came along.
|Laundry that needs to be folded. It's menacing.|
How did it get to be so bad?
I ask myself this, frequently. I wondered if it was because:
- I took the girls to he doctor Monday afternoon instead of getting stuff done
- We went shoe shopping on Wednesday morning
- HeyMama and I made bread on Wednesday afternoon
- I went out Wednesday night with a friend for drinks
- I did the laundry in bursts whenever I was home instead of spacing it out evenly through the week
- All of the above
I discussed this with my Wednesday night drinking buddy, a mom of three down the street. It's amazing how trying to fit one extra thing into your week can totally throw everything out of whack. Like laundry. I managed to get it all clean, but folding it was just asking too much. And there are always random little things inserting themselves into the week. Shopping for a birthday. Shopping for Summer shoes. You'd think by now that I would have figured it out by now. You'd think wrong.
Oh well. The girls are getting a chance to wear through the last clean clothes in their closet, and I can see if those rarely-worn clothes still fit or not. So I can wash them and let them sit on the bed again.
Do you have any monsters hulking in your house?