Thursday, May 31, 2012

God Wanted Me to Get a Massage

So I had a pretty good day. It was one of those rare occurrences where none of my employers had a full day of work for me. I had a full day of daycare that I had already paid for, but only a half day of work. What to do?

Well, I knew in advance that this was the situation. And my gimpy shoulder has been nagging me for weeks, and I'd been hoping to make an appointment with the massage therapist. So I called Catherine. It was on a whim, as I know she's usually pretty booked up, and it was the last minute.

She had one appointment time available. It was not long after I'd get off of work. I took it. What were the odds? My employers had been begging me to take on extra work days lately, and I had worked a fair amount over the last week. Why not a full day of work today?

Because God wanted me to get a massage.

And He wanted me to run errands.

I had exactly an hour and 10 minutes between work and my appointment. I ran two errands in that time, and they were two towns over. It's amazing what I can get done without the girls around. After my massage, I walked down the street. I ran into a friend and her two boys. I sat down on a bench and had a snack with them. Then I checked out two local shops that I'd been wanting to visit lately. And scored two awesome summer dresses. Consignment, so defensibly reasonable.

It was meant to be.

The laundry? It wasn't meant to be. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment