Friday, February 10, 2012

Vacation in Review

So today is Day 7 of vacation. It's not over, so technically it's too early to review. But life will get busy when we get back to Boston, and I'm feeling a bit reflective at the moment...

We've had a busy and eventful week. 
We had a Date Day.

We painted ceramic Easter eggs.
These will be the centerpiece of our Easter decor.


We made Valentines decorations.

Nana hit a home run with sparkly foam stickers. A few hundred of them, actually.


We ate lots of good food, and a few addictions.
MSG... mmmmmmmm.....

My 12 step program apparently isn't working...


We took care of a serious matter.

BestestHusband spent much of the week doing this.


Read some books.
Dang, I can't get this picture to turn. So just turn your head.


Perused some family history.
Grandpa's graduating class.
Assorted mementos.


Saw the future of my parents' kitchen.
My Dad is making new cabinets in his spare time. Maybe for the next few years...

And did a lot of sleeping, playing, and just chatting. We don't see my parents enough. And a week is not enough time to catch up.

So tomorrow we start traveling towards home. It will be good to sleep in our own bed again. And I'm sure my parents will need the next few months to recover from repeated games of "Pawpaw monster" and generally just being Super-grandparents. But then we'll all start missing each other again, and planning for the next vacation.


Kinda creepy wooden herdsman guy.

And this guy? He used to hang out in my Grandparents' house. He would occasionally spook me when I was younger. But it's kind of nice to see him again. Especially in the daylight, when I'm fully awake, and not 10 years old and looking for the bathroom.

What was the highlight of your week?

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday Dear Hubby returned from a week's trip to NY State & I made a Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Cake for my Dear Daughter's 26th birthday, then went to the Pint & Slice (where I didn't have a pint or a slice) to catch her singing gig with good friend Hope Arthur. We were the oldest ones there & DD's amp wasn't as loud as the keyboard, but a fun time. The rest of the week was spent trying to do minimal ADLs while wondering why my body wanted to stay horizontal all day. Found out 90 mg thyroid wasn't cutting it anymore, so am now waiting for increased dose to kick in. I love my MD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hit my personal best in Solitaire yesterday.....10136; highest since last July!

    ReplyDelete